CBD, or cannabidiol, has been growing in popularity for its potential health benefits. One way to incorporate CBD into your diet is by infusing it into butter. CBD-infused butter is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of recipes, from baked goods to savory dishes.
In this recipe guide, we’ll show you step by step how to make your own CBD-infused butter at home.
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
Before you start, make sure you have all the necessary ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 7 grams hemp flower
- Cheesecloth and/or a fine mesh strainer
- Double boiler or saucepan with heatproof bowl
Step 2: Decarboxylate the CBD
To activate the CBD, you’ll need to decarboxylate it. This process involves heating the CBD to a specific temperature to convert the inactive CBD-A into the active CBD.
To decarboxylate the CBD, follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 240°F (115°C).
- If using hemp flower, grind it into small pieces.
- Spread the ground hemp flower onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
Step 3: Infuse the Butter
Now it’s time to infuse the butter with CBD. Here’s how:
- Melt the butter and water together in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Once melted, add the decarboxylated CBD to the butter mixture and stir well.
- Simmer the mixture over low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to let it boil.
- After 2-3 hours, remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer into a jar or container.
Step 4: Store and Use
Your CBD-infused butter is now ready to use! You can store it in the refrigerator and freeze any extras.
Use it in your favorite recipes as you would regular butter, keeping in mind that each tablespoon will contain approximately 70mg of CBD.
Making your own CBD-infused butter is a simple process that allows you to control the strength and quality of the product. With this recipe guide, you’ll be able to enjoy the potential health benefits of CBD in a delicious and versatile way.
Remember to start with a small amount and gradually increase your intake until you find the right dose for you.